If you are unable to make your mortgage payment:
DON’T ignore the problem! If you don’t pay your mortgage and do nothing to try to fix the situation, you are setting yourself up for failure!
- Contact your lender as soon as you realize that you have a problem.
- If you have a financial hardship, a short-sale may be an option for you. It will allow you to sell your home, avoid foreclosure, and can ultimately help you in the long run. CONTACT ME for more information on this.
- Open and respond to all mail from your lender. They will usually include options about foreclosure prevention and can help you know what to do. Failure to open your mail will not be an excuse in foreclosure court.
- Contact a Financial Councilor to review your situation. Every person’s situation is different. Dominion Financial Management is a great option! They are located in Smyrna and are completely free to you! Contact them for advice by calling (615) 220-5858. (www.dominionfinancial.org)
- Avoid foreclosure prevention companies. You should never pay for foreclosure prevention help. There are non-profit organizations that can help you for free!
- Don’t lose your home because of a foreclosure recovery scam!
- If a firm claims that they can stop foreclosure immediately if you sign a document allowing them to act on your behalf, RUN! You might be signing over the title to your property and becoming a renter in your own home!